Sunday, January 17, 2010

Wasnt Included In the Script

April 3, 2008

The second phone call seems to be a little awkward for the both of us. There were short pauses between each topic that we discussed and the empty dialogues were there… Nevertheless that pauses did not hinder us from the little laughs that we shared and the stories of our adventures and misadventures in our so different lives. Talking to you again on the phone seems to last forever, but forever just lasted 6 minutes and 36 seconds…

We started again with the usual kamustahan that always transpire the joy of getting connected to a long lost friend. I have mentioned to you that I tried to call you in the morning but you weren’t able to pick up the phone where you said to me that you were asleep for it was your rest day. You said sorry for missing the call but I told it my fault for im being so nosey at times… If its just ok to call you everyday I will, but, obviously you have your own life and intrusion to that will not be good. You explained to me how your everyday shifting works, but know what I wasn’t able to catch up on the details of your schedule because I was just busy listening to the beautiful tone of your voice while explaining to me your busy schedule… During the three days of rest from the tiring work at your office you took chances of going home to your hometown where you send money to your family, but usually you just stay on the house of your close friends and just go home when your parents asked you to. Your parents and your friends are really lucky to have you, to touch you in the flesh and to show how much special you are to them, im sure of it.

Of all the things that we discussed, about our life and our struggles on work… and the things that were still not discussed and left on the dim… I can say that beyond the years of separation, we remain dear friends. Howd I wish that while you are talking I am there beside you watching your lips pout and your eyes shine brighter.

I am sure you have already felt how special you are to me ever since day one. The thing is, of all that we have said and done… two things will remain forever, that you are very special to me and I love you… no need for explanations or answers because there was never a question. I will never ask for anything in return, just stay happy and I will also be happy.

And then at the end of our conversation, while saying wishes of good health and the lines with regards to taking care of ourselves you said a movie line that WASN’T INCLUDED IN THE ORIGINAL SCRIPT…

Teka teka teka… why did you said that, the phonecall wasn’t supposed to end that way… Magagalit ang director sa ating dalawa…

The three lovely and sometimes nasty words were said and I was left flabbergasted, I wasn’t able to respond immediately, as if a million butterflies suddenly burst from wherever they came and occupied the space in my head where the brain resides… after a split second and a sudden goosebumps I replied… I LOVE YOU TOO…

And the director said: “CUT! PACK UP NA TAYO!”

I never knew what was your reaction at the end of the line after the call was cut, and I guess im afraid to know… But when I said those three lovely words, I meant it…

If what you have said was a lie, it was the most sweetest lie ive ever heard…


DIREK: PACK UP NA NGA! TAMA NA ANG DRAMA!!!

;)

3 comments: