Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Song That Made Me Fall In Love With You

(Originally posted January 2008)
DO you ever remember the song that made me fall in love you? It was 6 years ago, February 1, 2002, wasn’t it, the first time my eyes saw how special you were, and how I proved to myself that LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT was true. It was in QUEZON province where me and my friends, Tin, Ruff and Matt joined a number of student leaders of Region 4, including you, to attend a Student Leaders Congress. And there you were so far from me and i knew from the start youre special and all I can do was to watch you from a distance.

We never had a chance to talk, im shy and youre famous, that’s why most of the delegates, females and gays of course, were into you. The charm and the appeal were extraordinary I cant help but notice it every time you speak in front, or even when youre just telling something extraordinaire during the congress… I never thought I could fall so easily to a person who ive only met once.

I didn’t expect that the days that we spent together with the group went so fast, it was the final cultural night and you were assigned to sing a song number during the celebration, and I together with our group muse will dance a swing number. Of course ours were as lousy as I can remember… But when you stepped in front of the crowd and up in the stage, all were mesmerized, there you were singing the song that made me fall in love with you… and maybe a number of people in the audience

We became friends, spent time together, have bonding times and we both enjoyed it a lot. After 6 years, look at us were still friends and going strong, I never had the courage to tell you what I really feel… im afraid and never had the courage to tell you those things that made me go on with life… Im afraid I might eventually lose you if I did so, I preferred to be a friend than to take that awful risk to be a lover to you… Weve been through a lot, we have different sets of friends- but ours endured, we had our ups and downs, we were separated by distance numerous times, lost communication for the longest period… and still were talking again to one another as if there was no space, distance or period that separates our hearts together.

Tell me what powers do you possess that makes me fall deeper and deeper in love with you for every word you speak, for every message you send, for every giggle on jokes, for every smile in times of silence. Please tell me so ill learn how to counter those so that my heart won’t be broken, for this situation leads me there. I thought distance from you would end this feeling but now that you have come back into my life, everything starts all over again, just like the old days when all youre messages are saved in my diary and youre pictures saved on my diskettes. You had been my strength in life and when youre around, your presence makes me weak.

I took this journey with you 6 years ago, as a loving friend, and it makes me smile as I look back on those memorable moments that we spent together.

Its 10 in the evening, and im listening to that song that you sang 6 years ago… Know what, it perfectly fits our situation from the very beginning… and I only noticed it now. Now you’re back into my life, I really don’t know what to do, stay as planned and be your friend forever or take the chance that you are offering me – but im afraid that im over analyzing and all those that you have said and done these past few days were just you - being caring and loving friend… you have occupied enough space in my heart that made you one of the most memorable person that came and will never leave me… Thank you for all those things and saying that you love me means so much to me, and will make my life go on, you had filled something in me that no one could fill… in time youll know more about me but as of this moment let me show you again how much more I can give, how much more I can care, how much more I can love you – as friend or as a lover it doesn’t matter which line will be drawn… its not a matter of choice, it’s a matter of understanding. I am your friend forever, youre my family till the end, and I will love you because I always had, its my choice, in time youll know and hope youll understand…

I know that this is all wishful thinking and im just so glad we reconnected with each other, and I appreciate your effort to show your real feelings towards me… yes, you love me as a friend, im not asking for more- its too much to ask I know, but im happy that somehow loving you from the very start was not waste of time and emotions and sharing my life with you was so much fulfilling… Even from the start I never asked for anything in return… your smiles , laughters were enough, I just cant explain why you had this so much impact in my life, that’s why I have cared, loved, respected, and understood you all this time… Don’t worry ill do what you’ve asked me, ill call regularly to catch up with the lost time, and to form again our old bond which will never be broken by anything or anyone… Just remember im always here for you, always since the beginning and unto the end… all the words that you had spoken to me will serve as sweet memories as we grow old… this song will always remind me how I have fallen in love to a complete stranger…

SAY THAT YOU LOVE

My morning starts to shine with teardrops in my eyes
And here I am alone starting to realize
That my days would be brighter
If I could learn to hide
The feelings that I have for you
Keep hurting me inside
Then my days begin with simple thoughts of you
Hoping my tomorrows will be me and you
Sharing dreams with each other
And making them come true
Holding one another, saying all I need is you

But will you say that you love me
And show me that you care
Say when I need you
You will always be there
But when you go and leave me
This I swear is true
My love is always be with you

Now my nights wont end with just one wish that you
To Hold me in the dark and help me make it through
Coz this pain thats in side me
Would simply melt away
If I had you here with me
And promise youd stay….

But will you say that you love me
And show me that you care
Say when I need you
You will always be there
But if you go and leave me
This I swear is true
My love will always be with you

But will you say that you love me
And show me that you care
Say when I need you
You will always be there
But if you go and leave me
This I swear is true
My love will always be with you

1 comment:

  1. buti ka pa ang ganda ng song na associated sa kanya...

    karamihan sa mga boylet ko, naaalala ko sila kapag ang kantang naririnig ko eh, Bawal Na Gamot...

    charot!

    more more reminiscing ka nanaman ha...:)

    ReplyDelete