Monday, August 10, 2009

The Road That Leads Me Home

Ive written this song a year ago for James. He never heard it. I meant every word. I thought he would be the reason for me to go back home, a selfish idea, I learned now. Still, this song and many happy memories will always remind me how he led my way when I was lost and scared.

I saw him the other day, my heart jumped, but I never showed myself to him. Something has changed in us. I was just glad to see his face. I pray hes safe and happy.

Though it would take me time to let go, I am notoriously clingy- with the word hope at the bottom of the wishing well. im on my way there.

Every waking day, youre always included in my thoughts, youll always be here in my heart.

---



The Road That Leads Me Home
Music and Lyrics by Prinsipe Ulap
Vocals: Pareng Ronnie
Guitars: Ulap

I used to shed a tear when Im alone
And used to think no one cares at all
But when I met you,
My loneliness faded away
For I knew, youll help me find the way

The emptiness of desert now seems full
Of visions that one day ill be with you
Youll always be,
The reason why Im so In love
Beyond the sands, I know youre all I have

Chorus:
Youll always be the ROAD THAT LEADS ME HOME
The one who gave me hope to carry on
In these twisted paths
I know Im not alone
Even though BENEATH THE SANDS ARE GOLD
And my dreams started to unfold
What matters most
I know youll lead me home

When I am lost in thought of being with you
Youll always call and reminds me youre secured
You are my way,
The road that leads my heart to home
I know ill never shed a tear again

Chorus:
Youll always be the ROAD THAT LEADS ME HOME
The one who gave me hope to carry on
In these twisted paths
I know Im not alone
Even though BENEATH THE SANDS ARE GOLD
And my dreams started to unfold
What matters most
I know youll lead me home

Coda:
At the end of the day
Youll always be the road (always been)
Youll always be the light that shines
Youre the road that leads me HOME

2 comments:

  1. uy malapit na siyang umuwi. kapag nangyari yun may career na naghihintay sa iyo sa pinas!

    ReplyDelete