Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I DONT KNOW YOU ANYMORE






(a song very very close to my heart, from my fave album Affirmation)

I would like to visit you for a while, Get away and out of this city
"Look at us, so far away"
Maybe I shouldn't have called but someone had to be the first to break
"im afraid that youre a broken bridge away..."
We can go sit on your back porch relax
"Im still here..."
Talk about anything, It don't matter
"reminiscing the good-old days"
I'll be courageous if you can pretend that you've forgiven me
"killing the pain"
Because I don't know you anymore
I don't recognise this place
"healing what have been scorched"
The picture frames have changed And so has your name
"Used to be's are no more" We don't talk much anymore
We keep running from the pain
"scars wont fade" But what I wouldn't give to see your face again
"and loneliness is always a blink away"Springtime in the city, always such a relief from winter freeze
"i can unfreeze your cold heart"
The snow was more lonely than cold if you know what I mean
"and refresh the dried feelings" Everyone's got an agenda Don't stop
"just please step on the break" keep that chin up you'll be alright
"for us to survive" Can you believe what a year it's been are you still the same?
"our life is ahead" Has your opinion changed?
"dont fret- take my hand, both of it" Because I don't know you anymore
I don't recognize this place
"unto our oasis"
The picture frames have changed And so has your name
"My light is exclusively yours" We don't talk much anymore
"just open your heart" We keep running from these sentences
"and read the words in my eyes"
But what I wouldn't give to see your face again
"when will you let me see yours?" I know I let you down
"ill pick up the pieces one by one" Again and again
"dont worry, its my choice"
I know I never really treated you right, I've paid the price
"until im broken"I'm still paying for it every day
"and empty"
So maybe I shouldn't have called Was it too soon to tell?
"I hope you feel"
Oh what the hell It doesn't really matter
"that i miss you, old friend" How do you redefine something that never really had a name?
"dont let the red be invaded by blue"
Has your opinion changed?
"yes, yesterdy seems so far away"
Because I don't know you anymore
I don't recognize this place
"and realizing that dreaming is for lazy people like me"
The picture frames have changed And so has your name
"where are we?" We don't talk much anymore we keep running from the pain
"dont change, change is forgetting" But what I wouldn't give to see your face again
"even if you turned your back and walk away" I see your face
I see your face
"ill always see your face in every dying day, and i always end it with a smile"

No comments:

Post a Comment